Description of the activity:
- Reception at the Agrobotiga of the cellar.
- Short introduction to the cellar and the farmer life.
- Shortened visit where we will briefly explain the history of the cellar and the Suriol family, the ecological cultivation of the vineyards and how do we elaborate our wines and cavas.
- We will then head towards the decollation room, where we will explain in detail the “”traditional method”” of cava elaboration in the Penedes.
- We will start with the workshop explaining what the decollation is, and a practical demonstration by the tour leader.
- Each person will then manually disgorge one bottle, and depending on how much cava is lost, we will declare the winner of the workshop.
- Finally, every participant will refill and finish dressing his/her own bottle.
- We will then return to the Agrobotiga where we will have a tasting with the product we just decollated and 2 other cavas to appreciate the differences.
The activity includes:
- Tasting of 3 cavas.
- Free Bottle.
Location: Font-rubi (Penedès).
Duration: Around 3h.
Visiting hours: Open all year long, book in advance.